Secure Online Shopping at Oudh.co.uk
- A padlock will be visible in the bottom right of your web browser, this means you are in secure mode – this should always be present when entering personal details or during the checkout process.
- Being in secure mode means all your details are encrypted for increased security (256 bit).
- We use advanced encryption so that your personal details cannot be seen.
- We use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) from AlphaSSL for all orders placed (including areas where confidential data can be seen such as the 'account maintenance' area) – this prevents you from inadvertently revealing any personal information.
- For making online payments we use Sage Pay (click on links for further info) who have some of the worlds best security measures in place to ensure that your card or payment details are safe.
Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode
What is it?
Oudh.co.uk uses Sage Pay to process online card payments in the GBP currency, this payment service provider participates in Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode (3D Secure) for added online payment security. These services are offered by Visa and MasterCard, in association with the bank that has issued your credit / debit card. It is aimed at protecting your details when shopping online by ensuring your card is not being used by someone else and is becoming a standard across all shopping websites.
What will I see?
If your card qualifies and you haven’t yet registered, simply follow the onscreen instructions. This process will create an online code (different to your card PIN – an online PIN equivalent) for use when making payments online for Oudh.co.uk and other participating websites.
This is a completely secure process. The information you provide is completely private, will only be visible to you and your card issuer, and would never be shared with other parties.
If you're unsure about this new service, you may be able to complete your order without registering but your card issuer will eventually require you to register to continue shopping online.
Oudh.co.uk may send you emails from time to time but we would never send an email asking for your security information or login details, or direct you to a web page that asks for this information.
If you receive an email that appears to be from Oudh.co.uk that you suspect is fraudulent, do not click on any links contained within the email or provide any personal or login details.
Additional Security Steps
You can configure your web browser to tell you when your details are being sent and to warn if they are not being sent in a secure way, to activate this:
Internet Explorer - select OPTIONS on the VIEW menu and then click the SECURITY tab, ensure that all the warning boxes have been ticked
Firefox - select TOOLS then OPTIONS on the tools menu and then click the SECURITY tab, go into settings of the warning messages section - ensure that all the warning boxes have been ticked.
Online security is constantly evolving so, if you are using older versions of Internet Explorer (version 7 or older), we recommend you update your browser to a later version of IE in order to take full advantage of the improved security features.